Thursday, January 29, 2009

One of those days

Why is it that it seems like things are going well and fine, then all of a sudden you have one of those days! One where you want to just stay in bed and hide under the covers, where you wake up depressed for no reason. Well, that was today, for some reason I woke up down and have not been able to shake it off. It's very frustrating because I end up being very hard on myself and very negative about life in general. It's no picnic to be around me I'm sure, so it's also a hard day for my husband and kids. I have felt so useless and worthless and very lonely which is pretty pathetic when I'm constantly surrounded by my kids. I get so tired of feeling this way, and while I don't have very many of these days when I'm in the middle of one it seems like I have them all the time. It makes is so hard to want to do anything at all, house cleaning, showering, cooking, anything. I honestly just wanted to lie in bed all day long! Unfortunately you don't get any days off from the wonderful job known as mom. I'm sorry this blog is so negative, but I just need to get some of these feelings and thoughts out of my head and since I don't really feel like I have anyone to talk to this is the only real outlet I have; and since it's my blog I can write about whatever I want. I just hope you don't all thing I'm this crazy psychopath who is always depressed because I'm really not. I don't have many of these days, just every once in a while. I know I'm blessed, I can look around me at any given moment in any given day and count numberless blessings. So why is it so hard to see all of them when your personal day is cloudy? Oh well, there will be more days and better ones than today, but if anyone has any ideas as to how to knock myself out of this ridiculous self pity party, please in a kind way let me know. I just hope I'm not the only one that has days like these.

1 comment:

Wright Bunch said...

oh jess... this post makes me sad. But rest assured you are not the only one who feels this way. In fact everything you wrote is about exactly what i was feeling today. We shoulda hooked up on the pity party, double fun right? But don't feel alone, everyone has those days once in a while... sometimes more often than not. Just know that i think you are wonderful! truly you are.

ps- thank you soooo much for the letters and yummy cookies. THEY WERE DELIGHTFUL! LOves