Friday, January 9, 2009

Medical Month

It's been a while since I've posted anything, partly because I've been trying to wait until I get pictures on to our computer so I can post pictures of Christmas. I have decided however to write a blog because I have much to say to relieve my mind of all the thoughts running through it, I will however still be posting a Christmas post with pictures from the day (it's pretty sad it's taken me this long).

So, anyone who reads my blog knows whats going on with Katie, I called Primary Children's urology unit to schedule an appointment but they needed her to have an ultrasound first and also needed my doctor to make a referral there for her. So we scheduled her ultrasound, which she did really good with (I wasn't with her, Randy took her and I stayed home with the other two). The lady who does all the referrals for the clinic we go to called me yesterday and told me I could probably call at the first of next week to schedule an appointment for her. Then there's me. About a month or so ago, I discovered a small lump in my right breast, I haven't really worried about it at all, but Randy kept telling me I needed to get it checked out, then I told my mom and she said I needed to get it checked out. Then I made the mistake of talking to my sister-in-law about it (for those of you that know LeeAnn you know why she's so awesome) and I received a daily phone call from her asking me if I made the appointment. So I finally did and my doctor doesn't really think it's anything but he told me he "doesn't mess with breasts" so he sent me to a surgeon at Mountain View Hospital. But before I see him on the 20th of this month I have to have a mammogram and an ultrasound which will happen on Wednesday. Can I just tell you, I can't wait until all this medical stuff is DONE!! I'm so tired of calling and making appointments for stuff. Oh well, I guess it's better to take care of things now.

Other than all that stuff we are doing well, I've been doing a lot of deep thinking lately (don't die of shock now, I do actually use my brain) and soul searching so to speak. I've decided there are a lot of things I need to change about myself this year, I'm sure I'm being harder on myself than anyone else would be, but that's what's great about it, I can do that. I have no idea if that sentence made sense. Anyway, I've been a little down on myself though, and I hate being that way, so if any of you have any ideas on how to be hard on yourself (so you can make necessary changes) without being down on yourself, please share them with me. Well, I guess I should go get some house work done now. Look for the Christmas post soon, I promise it's coming!

1 comment:

Wright Bunch said...

Oh man... That's rough. I'm glad you are getting it checked out. Let us know what you find out. :) GOod Luck!