Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nap time

I will never understand why kids have such a problem with nap time, don't they realize that one day they're going to be fighting to TAKE a nap? Why not enjoy it while you can? Everyday the girls take a nap, now that they are sharing a room we have to seperate them, so we take Zoe's swing and bassinet out of her room and Hailey takes a nap in Zoe's room, which we call the Pink Room. Sometimes we get lucky and Katie is really sweet about taking a nap, other times she cries and screams. Hailey always gives us problems, she comes out at least once to go to the bathroom and then she usually comes and tells me that she already took a nap or asks me some weird thing about just taking four naps. I just don't understand why they fight it so hard!! Then on days when they don't take a nap, we'll go somewhere in the van and before you know it they're asleep! Why do they put up such a fight. I guess that's just a part of being a kid. I would LOVE to take a nap! I'm going to be very sad when they no longer need naps.

Another thing that amazes me about my children is how different they can be from day to day. One day they want to watch Pocahontas and the next it's Spiderman. One day they'll eat cheese quesadillas the next they won't eat it. It's insane! Why can't they come with an instruction manual that gives you directions of how to deal with your kids on a day to day basis. Wouldn't it be so nice? Oh well, I guess maybe one day I'll have a handle on this raising kids thing. Of course by the time I do I'll be a Grandma, and then it will be learning how to handle grown up kids and grandkids. Obviously the learning process is never over. At least it keeps life interesting!

No comments: