Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day



So I've been thinking about Valentines Day a lot this week, I talked to my sister-in-law who was telling me she didn't want to be alone on Valentines Day and I got thinking back to highschool when I used to call it Singles Awareness Day. Then I was thinking how sad it was that I called it that, and that a lot of people see it the same way. I am starting to believe that Valentines Day was meant for much more than it is. It's a day dedicated to love, a day to show love to family, friends, neighbors, to significant others, but most importantly to yourself. So to all those who are single and reading this, take this day and spoil yourself! I also want to extend a challenge to everyone, write a letter to yourself expressing the qualities and attributes that you love about yourself, and what makes you unique. Then store it away and read it anytime you need a pick me up. I would also say to those of you who are married or have a special someone, write a letter to them also expressing the same things about them. It's so much fun to tell someone you love them, not just in words but in actions. Do something nice for those you love, try to make Valentines day a day of service. I am actually really looking forward to this Valentines day, not because we have anything particularly special planned, but just because I think it will be a good opportunity to remember how much I love all the special people in my life and to let them know that. Anyway, so this was kind of a lame post, but I had a lot of fun thinking about this today and wanted to share it!

2 comments:

Wright Bunch said...

What a great post! I am going to do that- thanks for your thoughts.

Robin said...

I totally agree. It's for ALL love! Not just a boyfriend or hubby. I always liked doing Valentines for my sisters/family. Good post!