Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hailey's birthday

Yesterday was Hailey's 5th birthday, and it was so much fun!! We took her to Dollar Tree and let her pick out five items, then we took her to lunch wherever she wanted to go, which ended up being McDonalds. Then we took all the girls outside and played because it was so nice outside!! Then we had to run a bunch of errands, but we came home and ate pizza and then I put five cupcakes on a plate with candles in them and she blew them out. It was a lot of fun, I especially enjoyed just spending time with Hailey (and Randy of course). She is such an adorable little girl, she is a lot of fun. We asked her what she thought her talents were, and she said she did whatever Bumblebee told her to do (in case you don't know Hailey is in love with Bumblebee, she even says she's married to him) and then we kind of brought up that she sings good, and draws well. She is so much fun to have in our family, she is a good sister to Katie and Zoe and is a good helper when she wants to be. Anyway, here are some pictures from the day:

In the van, getting ready to go!
Here she is with her basket, ready to shop.
She decided not to get this hat, I was hoping she would pick it because I thought she looked so cute!
This is what she ended up with in her basket, I'm pretty sure there were about 15 or 17 items she had gathered, so we helped her pick what 5 items she wanted
This is her basket with her five items, she is lovingly holding a lionness toy she got
Hailey posed herself on this one, we opened the van to get her in and turned around and she was just waiting there, so I took a picture.
This was another self posed picture, we got her out of the van at McDonalds and turned around and there she was.
I told her to get in the cave, but she did the rest herself. As you can tell, she loves her picture taken and is a good little model!
Here she is with her "cake" she was pretty excited to blow out her candles.
We had so much fun celebrating her birthday, I can't believe she's 5, she'll go to Kindergarten next year and I am freaked out. I can't imagine sending my little girl in that big school! I know she'll love it, she's our social butterfly. The other day I picked her up from Preschool and her teacher said that "Hailey always says the funniest things. All the kids fight over who gets to sit by her, she's pretty popular" I love Hailey so much, and even though she has a pretty big attitude at times (we're working on that) she is so much fun to have in our family. I can't imagine life without her!

No comments: