Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Parenting Class

So Randy and I have talked about this for a long time, but we're finally going to try to pull it together. We found this really good book called Positive Discipline (for those of you who are my friends on facebook, there's a good chance you've already gotten this message) and the book teaches you why children misbehave and how to handle it. We have read most of it, and it definately takes practice and learning to put in to motion the techniques it uses. However, the book is meant to be done in a parenting group. So Randy and I are going to begin this group, it's supposed to be two hours once a week for eight weeks. So, we want our good friends to come and learn better ways to deal with children. We would be willing to host it at our house, Monday, Tuesday and Saturday nights are the best for us, or possibly Sunday nights. Please if you are interested you can send me a message on facebook, or my email (piddy10@hotmail.com). We would really like to start soon and would LOVE to have anyone who wants join us. You would need to buy the book, it's called Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen, Ed. D.

I hope I'll hear from some of you soon :0)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Jess this sounds fun! It would be all about getting a babysitter for me, but it sounds cool. Does it cost anything besides the book?
zr2aroberts@q.com