Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting Ready

So this Sunday is Zoe's first birthday, I can't believe it's already here! I have so much housework to get done before then and it's just simply INSANE!!! It wouldn't be so bad, but for the past week or so I've been really depressed, which makes it hard to do anything. It's amazing how many people my depression affects, when I dealt with depression in highschool it didn't seem like such a big deal. It wasn't fun, but it was much easier to deal with then! I finally decided that I need to talk to my doctor, so when I take Zoe to the doctor on Monday I am going to talk to him and see if he'll prescribe me something. This has been a very hard decision for me to make, I think that women have this tendency to feel like they are failures if they admit that they need help. It's so sad, because anyone suffering from depression just isn't themselves, and if they get help they start to feel normal again. I don't know if medication will help, but I definately don't think it will hurt. I'm kind of excited, if it helps it will be such a blessing!! I hate who I become when I'm depressed, I'm not a good mom, wife or homemaker. It's terrible!! Anyway, hopefully I didn't put a damper on anyones spirits that read this!

Anyway, not much of an exciting post, but I don't really have time to make it cutesy, as I said above, I have a LOT of work to do before Sunday. My next post will be all sorts of fun though, because I will have pictures of Zoe's birthday, I can't tell you how excited I am to watch her eat her first piece of cake, I think she'll tear into more than the other two did. Well, hope you have a great day (or night depending on when you are reading this) and come back soon to see pictures of Zoe with her cake!!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

To answer your question about the camera.... I actually used two different ones. They are both Cannon digital cameras. I love Cannon! They take the best pictures, so much detail and color. It makes even the most amature photographer feel like they can take a great picture!
About your post, I totally know how you feel. I have always struggled with depression and some days are better than others, but I can tell you that there is NO shame whatsoever in taking medicine if it helps. Sometimes it just helps keep everything in check so that you can make it through the day. Don't feel bad or that you are a failure, because you are not a failure. You have a wonderful husband and three beautiful girls, if nothing else, that is enough. Everyone makes mistakes, but it doesn't mean you're a failure with anything. Trust me, I had to learn the really hard way! You're a great person and if talking to someone helps, do it!! If you need anything, please let me know. I would love to talk or help out anyway I can.