Monday, October 6, 2008

Friends

Our good friends the Grimes (not related), all these pictures are kind of old.
Heather with her kids, they feel asleep and they were holding hands
Marc, what a goof ball!
Hannah and Hailey
Heather holding Zoe

How come in life we seem to always take what we have for granted, and we don't realize how much it means to us until it's gone? Lately I have really missed our good friends Marc and Heather Grimes, they moved to Salt Lake and it's not that far away, but it might as well be in another state. This past week has been especially hard, Randy and I love to have people over to play games, or watch a movie, or just hang out. The problem is, we don't have very many friends, and there have been a few we've hung out with, but I've realized there's no one like the Grimes family. Our kids played so great together, and we got along so well with Marc and Heather, in fact Marc has been like a brother to Randy, and it was so much fun to see them together (for those that don't know, Randy doesn't have any brothers). It's just amazing how much you don't realize how much you care about someone till there gone. So, Heather, I just want to thank you for being such a good friend to me, I'm sure it's not always easy to be my friend. I know many times I talked your ear off and didn't let you say much, and for those times, I'm sorry, I wish I would have asked more questions and listened a little better. But on the same token, thank you so much for listening to me, it meant the world to me! I'm sorry we didn't make more of an effort to come see you guys more while you were in Orem. We miss you like crazy!! And we love you guys, hopefully we'll get to see you soon, I think we seriously want to plan a time in the next month or two when we can come up and see you guys.



Anyway, sorry for this odd post, but lately I have been feeling very lonely, which is ridiculous, I am surrounded by people! I just think I miss the kind of friendships you have in highschool, or college, or when you work with people. I just miss having a really close girlfriend. They really are a gift from Heaven when you find a good one! I hope no one takes offense to this blog, I do have a lot of good friends, and I love each of you! I should be a better friend and call all of my good friends, but sometimes it's hard for me. My two really good friends from highschool (Annie, and Holly) are some of the best friends ever, but because I feel so different in my life circumstances (I have three kids they don't have any) I sometimes feel out of place. It's funny how your current stage in life changes how you feel the world looks at you. I wish I could just see myself as Jessica, but instead I categorize myself as a mom. Now please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I love being a mom, I love my daughters so much and they give so much to my life! But sometimes I think I get too caught up in that and I don't know how to just be me. I don't know if this makes any sense at all, it probably doesn't. I just wish I saw myself as Jessica, who is a mom instead of a Mom who is Jessica. I really don't know how to explain what I've been feeling lately, so sorry about this blog, it probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's always nice to express how I feel.

1 comment:

sweetmama.heather said...

What a surprise to see such fun pictures and what an awesome post about us! This gave me a much needed pick me up today. I literally have tears welling up.

We'd love to have you up here!