Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday fun, and misery

Zoe's birthday went well and we'd like to thank everyone who came over to help celebrate her birthday with us. She absolutely LOVED her cake, she ate two whole pieces of cake and she ate it all! She got a few outfits and a puzzle, it's quite interesting shopping for her, we bought her a short sleeved onesie that's a 3-6 month size, two long sleeved onesies that are size 6 months and a pair of pants that's size 9 months. All for my 12 month old daughter! It's kind of irritating buying clothes for her, but we did end up finding cute stuff, let's just say I'll be shopping at Target for most of her clothes. They had so many cute clothes there, it was hard to pick something out for her. However, turning one also comes with it's downfalls: the one year checkup!!


So I took her to the doctor today and he was a little concerned about her growth, so he called the pediatrician to see if we needed to take her to an endocrinologist to see if she has growth hormone deficiencies. After talking with him he told me they'll wait until she's two and then if she hasn't seen much growth then we'll have to go up to Children's Primary Center to see an endocrinologist. But they wanted to take a few blood samples to test her for some other things. So then he left and they gave her 5 shots, they've been out of the hemoglobin shot so she hasnt' been getting those, she also got a TB shot in her arm. Then we had to take her to have her blood drawn. They had me bring her into their "emergency room" and had me lay her down on the table and then they put the needle in her arm. Poor Zoe, this definately wasn't a very fun doctor visit. I handled everything fine until I got to the van and then I just started bawling. I don't mind having small kids, but I'm so tired of worrying that there's possibly something wrong with her. My doctor made it seem like even if she did have growth hormone deficiencies that it wasn't that big of a deal and he told me his daughter actually had this problem and she just needed to have shots. Zoe is off the charts in weight which she has been since her 3 month checkup but she's been going up. Her height dropped from the 50% down to 5% so maybe that's why he was a little concerned.


Anyway, here are some of the pictures that we took yesterday and a video of her eating her cake. There's two of them, the first is when I first gave it to her and the second I handed the camera to my wonderful sister-in-law LeeAnn so I could help dish up the cake. Both are so cute!!


1 comment:

Wright Bunch said...

Hey Jess, long time no see! Hey there is nothing wrong with little Zoe, nothing wrong with being small. I will tell you what i have heard my whole life, Dynamite comes in small packages:) she'll be fine. i'm sure. LOve to talk soon. (by the way, you look GREAT!)