Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nine Months Old

So today Zoe is nine months old. I can't believe how fast time goes by, it's insane!! Just a little about our little one, she loves to eat. Anytime I put her in her highchair with cheerios she just loves it! She always gives me her new little grin and she'll sit there for quite awhile as long as I keep her tray loaded with cheerios. Her favorite food is sweet potatoes, and much to the tradition of our babies, she doesn't like fruits. She's a pickier eater then our other two, Hailey and Katie ate all the veggies, but not Zoe. She's more selective on what she'll eat. She loves to have her feet by her, and she absolutely LOVES to play with Daddy!! He's about the only one who can make her laugh. She's still very selective on when she laughs, and a lot of the time it's not a full on giggle. Katie was this same way, I don't think that girl laughed until she was over a year old. But, she grinned quite easily!! Zoe is seeming to be the same way. She does laugh, and I've even captured it on camera. The other problem with Zoe is that she gets bored, so what worked one day to make her laugh doesn't work the next. Hailey and Katie love their little sister, sometimes a little too much. I have to make sure they don't try to feed her (which they have before) and I have to really watch them to make sure they are being soft with her. Zoe is definately a Momma's girl, which to tell you the truth I think I prefer to have Daddy's girls! Zoe has gotten better, but there are times when Randy gets home and I really want a break from her and she just doesn't want a break from me and cries until I hold her. Those are frustrating times, but she's gotten better. Unfortunately it's still a regular pattern for Zoe to wake up at least once in the night, but for the past two nights she has slept all night and wakes up around 6:30 but then she'll usually go back to sleep for at least another couple of hours after I nurse her. I am down to only nursing her about three to four times a day, sometimes it's more if she's fussier than normal. I am counting down the months until she's one, I can't wait to have my body back!! I'm sure that weaning her won't be as easy as I'm hoping, but maybe a miracle will occur and she won't have problems with weaning. Keep your fingers crossed!! We love our little Zoe, and I am so thankful for my girls, even on the days where sometimes I wonder, I know deep down, I don't know where I would be without my children or my wonderful husband.

Speaking of which I need to give a little shout out to my husband. For those of you that haven't heard, on the fourth of July my husband got a ticket for lighting an illegal firework. When the cop turned on his lights everyone but Randy and his mom ran into the house. Later some people asked Randy why he didn't just run into the house and Randy said it wouldn't have mattered, he was caught, and someone told him he could have just said it wasn't us, but Randy wouldn't do that. I am absolutely in love with my husband and proud of him, he is such an example to me. He is such an honest man, and he knew he had made a stupid decision and was going to face the consequences. I am so glad that he was honest when the rest of us probably wouldn't have been, what an example to our girls. I love him so much, I don't know what I would do without him!! I only hope he knows how much he means to me. Anyway, that's my little shout out to the love of my life!!

No comments: