Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camping

Ok, so we went camping this weekend, it was a lot of fun but it's so stressful with little kids. But we all had fun, and I got to see me cousin Steven who I haven't seen in eight years, so it was really awesome!! We went camping with my mom's family, it should have been my family and all my uncles and their families. However, we haven't had everyone together for about five years now. I really miss hearing my uncles and my mom talk about growing up. Sometimes I wonder how they survived to adulthood. Poor Zoe, though, she didn't have a good day Thursday because of me. I had her in her car seat to feed her, so I didn't buckle her in. Then I took her in to the trailer and put her on the bench and was trying to set up her playpen in the middle of the trailer to lay her down for a nap. All of a sudden I hear a bang and I look over and she's on the floor with her car seat on top of her. What happened ( I found this out later when I saw her do this) was she sat up and the car seat was too close to the edge of the bench, and she fell out. I felt pretty bad!! Now she has a big sore on her nose. Then later that night, we put her down to sleep and then we brought the other two in later, well Katie threw a fit and woke Zoe up. So we brought her out with us, Randy was spraying her with Off and Zoe turned her head and the mist got in her eyes. Poor thing, on top of all this, she's cutting her top two teeth right now. It was really sad. Here's the damage:




These were taken after she had a bath, this morning as we were leaving she had a face only a mother could love, she was so dirty and her nose was so red! Poor thing, I feel like such a terrible mom. Just a note, her sore looks worse then it is. It's really just a scrape, it kind of looks like a gash in the picture but it's not. It almost just looks like a bruise, just really red. Then, I almost thought we adopted black children for a while, I can't believe how dirty two little girls can get!!
They had fun, I'm just glad I put them in clothes that I'm not partial to. We did have a lot of fun, though, we ended up going to Payson Lakes and we let the girls swim, we didn't bring swimsuits so we went ghetto style! Hailey swam in her underwear and undershirt and we just took Katie's diaper off and put her onesie on and let them swim. They had fun, and we were able to get some of the dirt off. It was a ton of fun!! Really stressful but a lot of fun!

No comments: