Monday, March 1, 2010

St. George and stuff

So this past weekend we went to St. George, it was so nice to just get away for a couple of days. We went down at the same time as our good friends Marc and Heather Grimes (no immediate relation) and we got to hang out with them a lot. We watched a movie and played games at Marc's brothers house on Friday, then Saturday afternoon we went shooting. It was a lot of fun, I even shot our 40 caliber glock and it was much better outside then in a shooting range. I also shot a 9 mm, a 22 rifle and a shotgun. We also did some skeet shooting, which I am TERRIBLE at, but it was still a lot of fun. Then we hung out the rest of the afternoon and then we went to dinner. We drove home on Sunday. It was so nice to have it just be the two of us for a couple of days, this will be the last trip before JD gets here. I'm now getting close to the 8 weeks to go portion and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. The last 8 weeks are so hard, but it will be nice the closer we get because then it will be over!! So the other day an extremely odd thing happened to me while driving home from the doctors office. I get these aches that are hard to explain, but I'll try, it feels like my body hurts because it has no energy. That probably doesn't make sense, but it's unpleasant to say the least. Anyway, so I had this a little at my doctors visit and it persisted while I was driving home, but was steadily getting worse. While I was driving down Main Street in Spanish Fork it hurt to have my arms stretched out to the steering wheel. So I tried rolling my window down a little because usually if I can have cold air on me it helps. I have to mention that I took Zoe with me to this doctors visit, poor thing. Anyway, so I get on the freeway and decide the window isn't working so I turn the air on full blast on cold ( I was in the car not the van). I did at least turn one of the middle vents off and the other one was pointing at me to try to keep it from hitting Zoe. So it is progressively getting worse as I'm driving on the freeway, after I pass the Springville/Provo exit things get really weird, my vision starts to cloud up, so I decide I need to pull over. After I did, I sat there for a minute and it felt really hard to breath, so I laid the seat back. As I was doing this my hearing also sort of went muffled too, I accidentally got Zoe's leg caught between the back of my seat and the side of her car seat so she started to cry. It took me a couple of seconds to realize why, and so I put my seat back up, moved her leg and laid my seat down. I probably laid there anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, I was trying to sing and count with Zoe to keep her distracted. It took a lot of effort to talk, just like when you're half asleep and you REALLY have to work to get the words out. As soon as I laid back, the feeling started fading away, and after the 5 or 10 minutes I was finally ok enough to drive home. After I got home I went straight up to my bed and laid down, my body felt the same as when you go outside in the winter when it's cold and you do hard work. When you come in, the inside of your body feels warm, but the outside is cold. That's what I felt like, anyway, I slept for about an hour, got up and ate and then put Zoe down for a nap then laid back down for a couple of hours. It was such an odd experience!! I really hope I don't go through that again, I did talk to my visiting teacher who used to be a nurse practitioner and she said it's just a hormonal thing and it isn't anything to really worry about. I will talk to my doctor about it when I go in next week, but so far I haven't had that experience again. Well, I don't have much else to say right now, I'll do a post on Hailey's birthday, but I'd like her to help me write it. Since she's in bed, that's not going to happen right now, but soon. I'll also post some pictures of our shooting excursion and Hailey's birthday and other stuff. There's a lot more to update on, but for now, I'm done!!

No comments: