Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Silence booth

Monday night I was wishing for a silence booth, starting about 5:15 and going for an hour, I swear there was constant crying. It started out with Katie, she kept coming to me and saying that Hailey was selling all of their stuff, I told her that Hailey isn't selling anything. So she went back to Hailey (I didn't hear, but I'm assuming that she told Hailey she wasn't going to sell anything and based on the next part of the story she said she was) a few seconds later she comes back crying again saying that Hailey is going to sell their stuff, I told her no matter what Hailey said she's not selling anything. Then a few minutes later I hear Hailey crying so I go over there and ask her what's wrong

Hailey: Katie won't be my cattle
Me: What? ( needed to make sure I heard her right)
Hailey: Katie won't be my cattle
Me: Well if Katie doesn't want to play you can't force her
Hailey: Then who will be my cattle
Me: What about Nala, can't you pretend she's cattle? (Nala is her stuffed Nala from Lion King)
Hailey: No, she's a cat
Me: Well, Katie is a girl and you were going to pretend that she was cattle, can't Nala be a cat pretending to be cattle?
Hailey: But she doesn't know how to say moo

All of this is said while Hailey is crying and I'm trying not to laugh. Well, needless to say Katie didn't want to be a cattle and Hailey got upset and ran to her room. Then Katie and Zoe were fighting over a pink cowgirl hat of theirs, I believe that Zoe had it first and Katie kept taking it from her. So I would come in and give it back to Zoe, which Katie would still take. So I got upset with Katie which made Zoe happy but not Katie, so I asked Katie if she would like a hat, a special hat. So I went upstairs and got my cowgirl hat and gave it to Katie to wear and told her to be careful. As soon as Zoe saw it, you guessed it, she wanted that hat. So I had to tell her no, which she didn't like, of course it was all worse because I'm pretty sure that even though she was in her crib for an hour and a half Zoe didn't take a nap. Then to make things worse, Katie was walking up to Zoe, putting the hat towards her, then running of with the hat. I don't like teasing so I told Katie to stop, and told her that if she did it again she would lose the hat. She did it again so I took the hat away which made them both mad. By the time Randy came home they were still upset. I told him I would love to sit in a silence booth for 15 or 20 minutes and being the wonderful husband that he is he offered to let me go for a ride and do something if I would like. After about 10 minutes however he totally saw why I wanted to go in to a booth. I believe his exact words were something like this.. "Man, no wonder you want to go away for a minute, I've only been home a few minutes and I'm ready to go nuts" what a wonderful hour. Thankfully they all calmed down and bed time came. Oh that wonderful time of day!! I sure love my kids, even on days like this I love them. Life wouldn't be the same without my three little munchkins!!

No comments: