Friday, April 11, 2008

Goodbye Miracle Swing!

We had to say goodbye to a very dear friend of ours Tuesday. Our little miracle swings motor ran out, the mobile works, but not the swing. We were very sad, thankfully we added a new member to our family, our new swing, although this one plugs into the wall (THANK HEAVEN!!) The mobile isn't quite as good as the old swing. Here is our miracle swing:

Ok, for those of you that don't know, Katie was an extremely fussy baby, honestly I don't know how she survived the first three months of life. Anyway, she really like to swing from side to side, so we finally decided to try this swing that is able to swing front to back and side to side. While Randy was putting it together he kept saying that he didn't know that it would work, I told him it was worth a try. So he finally got the swing put together and after getting Katie settled in we sat down to eat. She was a little fussy, but five minutes later we both noticed that it was quiet. We looked over and she was asleep, and you could hear the Angels singing "Ahhhh" and a beam shone down from Heaven on that swing. This was the keeper of my sanity, had it not been for this swing, I don't know how I would have survived some of her first three months. Hence the name Miracle Swing. Here are some of the other fun memories with this swing:
I didn't think it would be a problem to leave her unbuckled, as you can see; BIG mistake!! I heard her crying and finally decided to come and check on her, and this is what I found. Now maybe you think I'm mean, but when I find my children in funny positions like this I can't help but take pictures. I have a couple of funny ones with Hailey I'll have to post on here some time.
And this is a side view, as you can see she's not very happy! Look at those cute cheeks! She was such a cute baby!

Anyway, but we did welcome a new swing into our family, because these kinds of swings are not wants in our household, they are NEEDS. They keep me sane, and let's face it, I'm close enough to being insane and if I go insane, there goes the rest of the house!! So I would like to give this small ode to the swing:

Oh wonderful swing of blue and white
with your soft sounds and wonderous light.
You filled our home with hope and joy
cause Katie's cries you did deploy.
Without you there's chance
at the Loony Bin I'd dance
Singing a crazy tune
While sinking to my doom!
So thank you, thank you! I shout
for keeping the insanity out!

Ok so I'm not a poet, but I got a kick out of this. Anyway, there is hope of resurrection, if any of you find a swing like this at DI or a yard sale, we can fix it. So if you find one, let me know! Well, I hope you enjoyed this crazy little post!

1 comment:

Justin Aiken said...

hehe.. I remember that swing. It was a very good swing. One night while we were watching the girls, Katie would NOT go to sleep, she just kept bawling, so I went in and tried to hold her. Then I put her in the swing. Hehe, she did fall right asleep. :P